During the holidays, I always anticipate the regular gift posting with captions that read “Totally needed a new earring!”, or “Didn’t think I would get this!” While I am guilty of gift positing, when does the red light turn on? And when is FB going to make a dislike button for this?
This post (more so rant) is particularly for the men and women who are avid about positing everything their significant other purchases for them. I have a wonderful boyfriend, who goes out of his way to buy me things that I don’t need: more lipsticks, stockings that I always rip, and heels. But, I have no desire to post every fucking thing he buys me, obscenely hash-tagging #thankyouloveyousomuch. I really like listing things —
1) Constantly promoting monetary things about you and your significant other, to me at least, shows that you are reaffirming your relationship through gifts. Because, really - I am sure it makes you feel great that everyone is clicking the like button. More importantly, it is a public announcement that your relationship is going the way you want… for the most part.
2) It just makes someone look as though that is ALL the care about. I would much rather see pictures of a couple ice skating, or enjoying a meal together.
3) As much as you choose to be blind to it, people talk. People already talk; and they only click the like button because they feel bad for you. It is a mockery of your naivety; don’t give the the open door. I am already warning you about it, so hopefully you’ve gotten this far in the post to think about it.
4) Now I ain’t sayin’ she a gold digga, but she sure looks like one. And she probably is.
Men, and women - be grateful for everything that your person does for you. Please do not feel the need to bury my FB feed with your relationship (aka purchases). I find it hard to believe that people do not feel the same way. If every time you get a gift, decide to style your photo because you need to post them and pick a good filter - that is relationship affirmation from the public. I do not apologize for coming off harsh. Instead, I feel bad for those who hold their relationship to a high because of how many gifts the received, how many likes their gift post attracted, and that what you buy makes the world go round’.
Again, buying gifts for someone all the time is okay. I am victim to spoiling my boyfriend with shoes, food, and ties. I am thankful we do not post everything we buy for one another, that is for us, that is a happiness we share between each other. No one needs to see how materialistic you are; do not let anyone confirm how annoying you can be.
Kid in a #candy #store #mac #maccosmestics #lipstick #eyeshadow #beauty #dontleavemealone #thankyouchristina #control 💋😍💄❤️ #nodiggity
Since affordable fish has a lot of fat, I decided to let meat into my life again. But only once a week, and maybe on date nights. I am taking it slow with turkey since it is so lean.
Here is my mini pot pie recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 8 tbs of soften butter
- 1/4 cup of iced water
- Ground turkey
- Ricotta cheese
- Sour cream
- Red Onion
- Any shredded cheese, I used provolone
When I was in middle school, our teacher said, “maybe some of you are just different kinds of learners.” She caught me turning my head asking a classmate what she meant. With her perfectly coiffed her, she turned quickly back at the class (hair still in tact): “Hyzel, do you have anything to add?”
"No, but… I just don’t know what you mean."
In my second quarter of graduate school, I think I get it this time. There is something different between thinking about your goals, and writing them. The sheer satisfaction of crossing my pen across numbers 3,6, and 11 is almost as sweet as eating a whole jar of Nutella and pretending the calories don’t count. Some people talk things out to themselves or others, this is how they learn. My eyes are pretty shifty, and I can’t stare at something for too long. This is how I learn; I need to see. I never write anything down unless I am sure. The curse of every writer is balancing out the fiction and non-fiction. We tend to write and drift off; any good writer will understand, at least the opinionated ones. Here is to writing down my goals. I thought to myself earlier this morning, “If I write it, its in stone.”
Here’s to writing it down on my list. Here’s to learning that one day, it won’t be there.
I ate more chocolate than I should have.
the pain and pleasures of a coffee shop.
The one reason I like the Summer season is you.